Microsoft recently released Windows 10 November Update (version 1909) with many performance improvements. There are many users wondering why update time is so fast, and without any new features? The reason is because Windows 10 1909 will be updated in stages.
Windows 10 November Update (version 1909) is sent to users through tools such as Windows Update, Update Assistant and Media Creation Tool. The update is available for many devices running Windows 10 version 1903, especially as users are not forced to upgrade. Users who want to update will go to Windows Update to download and install.
The Microsoft Windows Insider team has revealed that the Windows 10 version 1909 update has the smallest capacity of any Windows 10 version ever released. Specifically, the update package only has a capacity of about 180Kb.
- If you are on Windows 10 version 1809 or higher, the amount of space used for the operating system when updating Windows 10 1909 is less than 3.5 GB.
- If you are on version of Windows 10 1903, have never installed any monthly update of Windows 10, then the amount of space added for the operating system when updating Windows 10 1909 is less than 330MB.
- If you are on version of Windows 10 1903, but have fully installed the patch of Windows 10, then the amount of added space for the operating system when updating Windows 10 1909 is 108Kb.
So, what makes Windows 10 1909 update different?
- Unlike previous Windows 10 feature updates, Windows 10 1909 is updated through monthly Windows updates.
- Both versions 1903 and 1909 have the same set of filesystems, only differ by the support package of 108 Kb.
- Microsoft brought useful features in Windows 10 version 1909 to Windows 10 1903 before, but these features were temporarily disabled until launch.
- Version Windows 10 verison 1909 will help increase performance, help users have a better experience.